Version 1.0 Copyright © 2006-2012 All rights reserved
Experimental ITC Device • For Entertainment Purposes Only
Operating the Ovilus X
The Ovilus X requires 3 AAA batteries, not included. Carefully remove back cover and install batteries in their proper order; note the + and - of the batteries.
The Power Switch is on the end of the Ovilus X. To turn ON, slide the switch up toward the top of the unit. Slide it down toward the back to turn OFF.
The Ovilus X will announce the current mode it is in.
To change modes, press the Mode switch on the front. (Note: when changing modes, hold the mode button down until the Ovilus X begins to announce the next mode.)
- Audio Port: For headphones or recording devices.
- Data Port: For external devices and expansion.
- USB Port: For PC communication.
The Ovilus X Modes
- Mode 1: Dictionary Mode - Words are created out of the on-board data base. These words may be changed by the user by creating new words and uploading them, using the Ovilus X software. The entire database is written phonetically, allowing the user to create any word in most any language.
- Mode 2: Phonetic Mode - Speech is formed by using phonemes, the basic blocks of human speech.
- Mode 3: Reverse Phonetic Mode - Speech is formed by using phonemes, the basic blocks of human speech then played in reverse order.
- Mode 4: Touch Mode - The Ovilus X will make a ping sound when touched.
- Mode 5: Energy Mode - Energy Mode produces a small EMF output "EM Pump."
- Mode 6: White Noise Mode - Creates a low volume White noise for EVP sessions.
- Mode 7: Say Last Word Said - The Ovilus X will say all the words it has spoken in Mode 1.
- Mode 8: Sync Mode - This mode is designed to help "sync" your video and audio devices for an investigation. The Ovilus X will count down from ten and flash the panel lights.
Ovilus X Disclaimer
The Ovilus X is sold without any expectation. It is to be considered experimental.
The Ovilus X is sold as an entertainment device only. We make no claim to the validity of the data received by these devices.
We make no claim as to Spirit communications, Aliens, Ghosts or any other type of phenomena.
You agree not to expose children to this device, or any person who may be harmed or damaged by exposure to this device. Further, you must be over 18 and in sound mental condition.
As the owner of this device you are responsible for the devices use. Further, you are responsible for the safety of others who may come in contact with this device.
This device can generate disturbing text and speech; therefore it should not be used by children under the age of 18. Further, this device should not be used by anyone with a history of mental illness.
Why do we say for entertainment use only?
First and foremost, the devices are designed to aid in Paranormal Research, not to be presented as evidence.
This device can create speech and text, by method of taking energy levels in the environment and creating speech, nothing more! No algorithm is employed to produce text or speech in a specific pattern.
There's no person who can prove, to a certainty, what these messages are.
People need to take a rational, grounded approach to any device that creates speech or text. The power of suggestion is very strong!
Odds of this device saying a word that is contextually correct is 1 in 2048; in using phonetic speech, the odds are only 1 in 71.
A lot of claims have been made about devices such as this. Simple math will tell you the odds are much better than you think that it's just coincidence and nothing more.
The Use of this item in ANY media production is strictly prohibited without prior written approval from Digital Dowsing LLC.